Video from Protest of Muslim Fundraiser

This video is making waves around the internet today of the protest of a Muslim fundraiser event in Yorba Linda on February 13th 2011.

My wife went there and took some pictures. She left because of what you see in the video. She (as well as I) did not want to be associated with the hate filled yelling/screaming. She honestly felt scared to be there.

Do I agree with the way the protesters acted? NO! Their initial thought of protesting I can understand but there execution of “peaceful protest” failed miserably.

Do I believe the the speakers, Imam Siraj Wahhaj and Amir Abdel Malik Ali are linked to Islamic/Mulim Terrorist groups? Yes. The ICNA is linked to terrorist organizations. The group should NOT be allowed to hold a NON-PROFIT status nor be allowed to organize period.  But that does not give Americans the right to be scream/yell/chant some all of the things they said.

My source for some of my views about the ICNA -> Pajamas Media

The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) has two charities — ICNA Relief and Helping Hand (HH). Both have a non-profit 501(c)3 tax status with the United States government, as does ICNA itself. ICNA Relief also has a Canadian component, which has a separate exempt status.

Due to the nature of the work these groups perform — that of Islamic relief work — much of their activities are based in foreign nations. One of these nations is Pakistan.

Pakistan is important to ICNA, because it is where the group’s parent organization, Jamaat-e-Islami (JI), resides.

It’s ironic that ICNA, an American group, would be associated with JI, as JI is rabidly anti-American. The organization is currently involved in its Go America Go campaign, working tirelessly to remove any type of American influence from South Asia. Right on the homepage of JI’s official website is the following:

All Pakistani forces must unite against America.

A recent entry of the blog on JI’s website was written by an individual named Khalid Amayreh. Amayreh is presently a correspondent for the Palestinian Information Center, the official website of Hamas. He is also the author of an infamous piece titled “Why I hate America?” In it, he states:

How can I not hate this “great Satan,” the evil empire? … [In] the final analysis, America offers me one of two choices: Either I submissively accept perpetual enslavement and oppression or become an Osama bin Laden.

Amayreh’s article was originally published in the London-based Palestine Times in November 2001. On September 12, 2006, one day after the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, it was republished by Amayreh and the Times, along with a photo of an American flag (with an Israeli flag in place of the stars) superimposed over a plane flying into the World Trade Center.

JI, or the Muslim Brotherhood of Pakistan, is the largest Islamist organization in South Asia. It has student groups; it has media outlets; it has a political apparatus; and it has a militant wing, Hizb-ul-Mujahideen, whose leader, Syed Salahudin, is involved in JI’s Go America Go campaign. It also has its own charitable group, the Al-Khidmat Foundation (AKF).

On August 17, 2006, JI posted on its official website that AKF had just taken a delegation to the home of the global head of Hamas, Khaled Mashaal. The reason for the visit was to deliver six million rupees, the equivalent of $99,000, to Mashaal and to present to him a “special message” from the then-ameer (president) of JI, Qazi Hussain Ahmed. In turn, Mashaal thanked the group and said Hamas will continue to wage jihad (terror) against Israel.

At the time of the handover of the money, ICNA’s two charities, ICNA Relief and HH, were listed as donors to AKF on AKF’s official website. ICNA Relief USA and ICNA Relief Canada were listed as the top two donors.

Congressman Ed Royce had this to say: (from OC Weekly)

“The Council on American-Islamic Relations this week attacked my calling attention to the two individuals keynoting a fund-raiser for a New York-based Muslim group held at the Yorba Linda Community Center.

“I have had many conversations with my Muslim constituents over the years, and I know they reject these two individuals:

“One speaker, Imam Siraj Wahhaj, advocates replacing our democracy with sharia law and refuses to criticize Osama bin Laden. There is nothing peaceful about him.

“Imam Siraj Wahhaj was linked by investigators to the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center. A few years later, he stood as a character witness for Sheik Omar Abel-Rahman and for three other terrorists convicted in the attack. The “Blind Sheik” is now serving a life sentence for conspiring to bomb a series of New York City landmarks in 1995.

“Wahhaj warns, ‘If Allah says cut off their hand, you cut off their hand. If Allah says stone them to death . . . then you stone them to death because it’s the obedience of Allah and his messenger–nothing personal.’ This worldview is incompatible with American democracy, to say the least.

“The second speaker, Amir Abdel Malik-Ali, is a vocal supporter of Hezbollah, a terrorist group once called the ‘A-team’ of terrorists by a top U.S. government official.

“Faced with Wahhaj’s ideology, we can go one of two ways. One, ignore expressions of extremism, essentially deem them acceptable, and undermine our values and government.

“Or two, we can speak out about Wahhaj and Malik-Ali’s extremism. For me, looking at the growth of terrorism overseas, and in our country, silence isn’t an option. Silence leads to the tragic mistake of denying that the Fort Hood shooter was a radical, advocating terrorist acts, despite his years of known adherence to such views.

“What’s wrong with the Holocaust survivor we heard speak about not wanting to live under sharia law? I think he had a point when he argued for the lessons of the Enlightenment and his preference for the U.S. Constitution. He knows that bad ideas can have bad consequences.

“We spoke at the park adjacent to the community center. It is regrettable that some protesters at the community center yelled insults at Imam Wahhaj’s supporters. Nothing, though, should deflect from the radicalism of Wahhaj and Malik-Ali.

“As to the Council on American-Islamic Relations, my experience is that it isn’t interested in bringing together Americans. If they were, they would be calling attention to Imam Wahhaj and Amir Abdel Malik Ali’s radicalism, not advancing their cause.”

About Loren Nason

Comments

1. Remember 9 11 says:

Mr. Nason,

It is quite ironic that the video that you post is from an organization named CAIR. Check their affiliations with NAIC. Your video video also did not include referances made by U.S. Army (Ret) Lt. Col Allen West Rep. Dem. Florida.

In the interest of exposing their propoganda, please take a moment to view the attached video that they attempt to portray themselves as peaceloving people to Col. West. In about 1 minute you will get a history lesson on their 2000 year belief system.

Ashamed of the people who attended this event? Tell that to the families of the victims of 9/11 just for starters.

2. bbmomof3 says:

While I don’t agree with what some of the protestors were saying, let us not be ignorant here…This is obviously a very slanted video trying to depict the American’s as the bad ones. You must remember who the true enemies are here: the ones who hijacked the planes with hundreds of innocent people and flew them into the buildings killing thousands more innocent people. That is true evil and hate…Not yelling mean words. Please don’t fall into their trap by trying to twist this. In the words of Allen West…”You have to study and understand what you’re up against.”

3. Remember 9 11 says:

@ bbmomof3
    Thanks for posting that additional video from Col West.

On your particular video, Col West was among a panal of politicians. A question was posed to the panal by a US Marine on how to deal with the current enemy. The politicians were giving politically correct rhetoric when Col West had the guts to step in and explain the history of the issue and solution in less than 90 seconds!

At the Yorba Linda Rally, a message was read from Col. West regarding this issue. It is clear that there are certain organizations that fear Col. West, such as CAIR, for exposing them. CAIR tried to take him on. As you can imagaine, failed miserably–(See the link to my above video)

Educate – Do a search on you Tube—Col Allen West

4. Mr. Nason,
    I am disappointed that you chose the video produced by CAIR, which is prefaced by calling various people and groups such as the Tea Party, NOC Conservative Coalition, a Rabbi, and Act for America as extremist and hate groups. These are patriotic Americans concerned about the fate of our country and what certain extremist Moslem groups have done and want to do to the West. Yes, you gave a description of the people speaking and their connections, but why denegrate protestors when there was no violence, just passionate free speech. Perhaps you should compare them with the union organizers protesting in Wisconsin, shouting SHAME, SHAME SHAME, to Assemblymen voting for a measure, doing their jobs. Another video of a Wisconsin senator almost being beaten as he walked to the capital. Why are they protesting so vehemently?? To save our country from terrorists or to continually take, take, take from the taxpayers. So, let me get this straight, protestors speaking out against people connected to terrorists who want to kill Americans is not acceptable, but union organizers protesting against lawmakers for trying to fairly balance a budget is acceptable??!!

5. Good Grief says:

@bbmomof3
    Thanks for that video. Excellent!

@ Loren
    You are way off the mark on this one. According to the Brea PD, there were NO incidents of violence or unacceptable behavior. Protestors remained in the areas designated for them and did not “threaten” anyone. How else does one protest peacefully? Americans have every right to voice their opinion. Americans have every right to stand united in support of our country. Maybe you, personally, find that offensive; however, the protestors were merely exercising their constitutional right to peacefully protest by voicing their concerns and opinions.

According to our city attorney, we cannot deny this, or any other group, the use of the community center. To do so would set us up for a discrimination lawsuit. However, just as they have the right to assemble, so do we. Incidentally, you really have NO idea what was being preached at that “fundraisor” because the media was only allowed to witness a few minutes. You also have NO idea where any funds raised are actually going. My guess would be that the funds are being used to support terrist activities. I could be wrong, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. You’d have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to not know that the principles of the Islamic terrorists teach them to lie to our faces and pretend to be our friends while plotting to kill us.

Let’s review. On the one hand, you have terrorists who rape, behead, bomb, murder, abuse women and children, etc. Then there are those “hate filled” protestors in Yorba Linda who peacefully gathered and shouted primarily pro-American, anti-sharia law statements, sang patriotic songs, and waved the American flag. Hmnn . . . Sounds like your judgement is a bit skewed and you (and/or your wife) are afraid of the wrong people.

Did it ever occur to you that the protestors are afraid of their freedoms, the American way of life, and the safety of their families, being destroyed by terrorists? If you didn’t consider this a peaceful protest, what did you expect people to do? Did you expect people to simply stand there silently and wave flags? Your wife left because she was “scared to be there”??? I was there and never once saw any aggressive behavior or anything that ignited fear. In fact, I saw a lot of arrogance and defiance in the faces of those attending the dinner. Speaking of fear, how do you think our soldiers feel who are risking their lives fighting against terrorism in order to protect and preserve peace and freedom? Maybe some of the methods seem harsh to you, but you are enjoying the freedoms you have because courageous people are willing to take a stand.

I, for one, prefer a country where people gather as they did in Yorba Linda verses having terrorists behead those who don’t obey them.

I normally enjoy your blog, but this was extremely disappointing.

6. Remember 9 11 says:

To further explain why there was and still is such a concern, Lt. Col West explains in detail why YOU as an American should be concerned. His 10 minute speech is irrefutable!

7. @Remember 9 11
    I don’t see the irony. I posted a video that has been getting passed around a lot so I posted it. Posting it also exposes their propaganda.

@bbmomof3
    Yes Terrorism and Islam is an enemy of the state. But it does that mean you have to organize outside their function and call them child molesters? Even if they are this is not how you go about changing things. Just makes you look crazy

@Joan
    Sorry everyone is so “disappointed” I’m concerned about the fate of my county but I don’t stand outside an event and yell crap like that. I didn’t have to denigrate the protesters by posting this video, they did it themselves.

@good grief
    You seem to paint the picture that I supported the group. I do not. But I do not support or associate with people that stoop to the level of the enemy. It just makes you look like an crazy person.

The people protesting wasn’t my problem. It is the way they went about it being hateful and spiteful in what they were screaming.

Matthew 5:44
    But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

8. Can I say I hate that we let extremists speak under the guise of being a valid non-profit AND I hate the protesters who basically hit ‘below the belt’ and let their very sincere anger (for good reasons) get the better at them? Can I say both sides are wrong?

Regardless of my feelings about the event- I am happy this site posted the video. The same video that has shown up on no less than a dozen sites (including the OC Register I think). It is THIS particular video that has so many people upset. And you know what watching the unedited version is not any less BAD. These people were fired up. Angry. Disgusted. Patriotic and well…they said things. Things obviously THEY REALLY FEEL.

Happy to be American. Where people can say stuff like this and not get arrested or worse.

But my goodness Yorba Linda City- why wouldn’t you do some research about the people you let speak ON OUR CITY PROPERTY? We citizens expect you to do due diligence on such groups. Can ANYONE speak using city property?

9. I couldn’t agree more with your post. I think those two terrorist speakers should not have been allowed to speak in our community center. However the protesters are horrible, full of hate and downright scary.

10. I couldn’t agree more with your post. I think those two terrorist speakers should not have been allowed to speak in our community center. However the protesters are horrible, full of hate and downright scary.

11. Thanks Aracely

12. Thanks Aracely

13. Johnny Munoz via Facebook says:

How sad that im from Yorba Linda and to know we have this much racism people whom live here!…Regardless of race and religon. Its heart breakn…at least i though we are a free country. Land of gracious living?…yeah the land is but are we people no longer gracious?! Hmmm….

14. Johnny Munoz via Facebook says:

15. I went to the protest so I could take pictures and spent almost 4 hours there. It was an amazing experience in the beginning. Being surrounded by American flags and those who were proud to carry and display them was a once in a lifetime experience. Patriotism was in full force and almost filled your body and warmed your heart with pride.

Then the groups divided and part of them swarmed the entrance where the group was entering for the fund raiser. Again, I was proud and almost thrilled by the chants and voices coming together as one expressing their pride for our county, for a little while. As the group became larger the voices got louder and the hateful and angry shouts and comments prevailed. My feelings of pride turned to shame and almost embarrassment as I saw some people in this once mighty group now stooping to the level they were once protesting.

16. I went to the protest so I could take pictures and spent almost 4 hours there. It was an amazing and proud experience in the beginning. Being surrounded by American flags and those who were proud to carry and display them was a once in a lifetime experience. Patriotism was in full force and almost filled your body and warmed your heart with pride.

Then the groups divided and part of them swarmed the entrance where the group was entering for the fund raiser. Again I was kind of proud and almost thrilled by the chants and voices coming together as one expressing their pride for our county, for a little while. As the group became larger the voices got louder and the hateful and angry shouts and comments prevailed. My feelings of pride turned to shame and almost embarrassment as I saw some people in this once mighty group now stooping to the level they were once protesting.

I can agree and side with what was being protested but I completely disagree with the hate speech that was displayed by some. This is NOT the way to share a message but will only cause anger, hurt and a mistrust in the truth that is trying to be spoken. – Sondra

17. Diane Salinas via Facebook says:

Please notice this video is produced by CAIR and is totally biased against our community…too bad it is posted here.

18. Diane Salinas via Facebook says:

19. Keep fighting for Old Glory Yorba Linda. Ignore the Left Wing. MEDIA. You think the protesters are scary?….what about SHARIA LAW that is being forced by CAIR a Muslim org’s. here in the U.S.A. And their secret plans to take over OUR COUNTRY? YOU CAN’T BE THAT IGNORANT OR NIEVE….WAKE UP AMERICA AND FIGHT FOR OUR RiGHTS THAT ARE BEING TURNED OVER TO THOSE WHO HATE US. LIKE ILLEGALS,MUSLIMS and COMMUNIST CONTROLLED UNIONS.
    Let them know we won’t stand for it. Screw ….POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!!!!!!!!

20. @Diane and Karen – very well said. I was there and can now say that I have seen the bias of the liberal media first hand. The protest event was very well done and we should be thanking the people who put it on and who are paying attention to what is going on. The main part of the protest (the organized part) was nothing to do with the yelling that was going on near the entrance, yet you do not see anything on the news revealing the true content of the event. The little part that was shown of the speakers was totally taken out of context. There were many speakers who had expertise on the subject it was repeated throughout the program that this is not about hate. Political correctness has gotten in the way of us seeing the truth. People in Europe now wish that they had paid attention sooner.

21. Remember 9 11 says:

@ Cynthia/Karen/Diane

Take a moment to listen to Lt. Col. West–You guys are absolutly correct in your assessment.

NEVER FORGET—–

22. Im.Pissed. says:

let me start out by saying that so many people in yorba linda are forgetting who killed 100,000 INNOCENT Iraqi CIVILIANS (like you and me), USA UNDER THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION. 9/11, though being one of the more horrible events in history, killed about 3000. Thats 97000 less than what WE killed in Iraq. The question is, who are the terrorists? Al Qaeda, the Bush administration, or both?

Also, I absolutely positively hate that people commonly associate terrorism with Islam. Let us once again not forget that most, if not all, terrorists are men! Why do we hate on Muslims, most of which by the way being among the most hospitable people in the world, and not men? Because our minds are programed to hate on those who aren’t familiar to us. Once again, irony.

At one point in the video, a woman yelled “one nation under God, not Allah!” LET US NOT FORGET THAT “ALLAH” IS THE ARABIC WORD FOR THE SAME EXACT GOD CHRISTIANS AND JEWS WORSHIP!!!!!!!!!! She was criticizing her OWN god in a different language!!

I am an American. You are just as American as me. I don’t care if you are white, or if you are the 1oooth generation, I am just as American as you! I was born and raised in America. I even have an AMerican Flag hanging outside my house. Just because I am Muslim, does not give anybody the right to tell me that I am not American. In fact, those protestors that are “Patriot Americans” are actually LESS American than me, in that they do not support RELIGIOUS FREEDOM~!!!! They do not treat everybody EQUALLY! I DO.

The declaration of Independence promises me the pursuit of happiness, and this video doesn’t make me happy AT ALL. The funniest thing to me, is that some of you think this was peaceful. Sure no1 was killed, or no1 was injured—- But screaming “YOU ARE A CHILD MOLESTER AND YOU BEAT YOU WIFE!” or “MUHAMMAD IS A PERVERT!” or “TAKE A PICTURE OF ME AND ILL BEAT THE **** OUT OF YOU!” is not very peaceful to me!” For God sakes, there were children at that CHARITY event! Imagine the children, thinking that they were just as equal as their white friends, seeing these protests. THAT IS PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE! They could never feel as equal as their friends again!

They kept on saying “GO BACK HOME!” well honestly this is my home, and I know no other home. AMERICA IS A LAND OF IMMIGRANTS. That’s right, you “Patriotic Americans” were at one point immigrants yourselves! GET OVER YOURSELVES! IM JSUT AS AMERICAN THAN YOU. AND IF YOU TELL ME TO GO BACK HOME, ILL TELL YOU TO GO BACK HOME TOO!

And im very happy that Royce and Miller are becoming KNOWN for what they are. They are finally coming out of the shadows and becoming NOTORIOUS. People all over the world now know them. Some even say they should be impeached for implying people they represent are TERRORISTS! When really, they HATE terrorists!

No longer can i call this city the “land of gracious living”

THe signs should be changed to

“Yorba Linda: Land of Racist Living”

23. YL Faktards says:

@Impissed, I couldn’t agree more with you. You bring up some great points.

9/11 is not a rationalization for the USAs history of “imperialism” via a military-industrial-political complex and continued intolerance. It may be YOUR justification/excuse but that does not make it acceptable by societal standards.

I guess the ultimate penance for all of you who happen to be intolerant (and racist) is that you will soon be the minority. Yep, even in YL, no matter how far into the desert you move or how many developments you create. Must be scary being a racist in an ever-changing world, huh?

24. Im.Pissed. says:

First it was women, then it as blacks, then it as jews, and now it is gays and muslims. whose gonna be next?

25. Catsafrass Kate via Facebook says:

I couldn’t be more ashamed of my community right now! The hatred, ignorance, and racism being displayed in this video are repulsive; there is no context where that was acceptable! Is it possible those protesters were bused in from somewhere? I cannot imagine being willing to shout such things toward Muslim families with children who attend the same schools as my children, toward people I would meet every day around town. NO law-abiding citizen should have to feel fear when walking into the community center!!
    Well-said, Sondra!

26. This repulsive behavior is why I am no longer a Republican. These people lack the self awareness to realize they aren’t American or Christian at all. Shame on them.

27. Dear Mr. Nason
    Your abhorrence of the behavior of those protestors is appreciated. Certainly such behavior does not reflect the example of Jesus.
    However, your assertions that ICNA has a “parent company” is not supported by any facts. Furthermore, if this was a terrorist group our goverent would have shut it down long ago and revoked it’s non-profit status.
    The protestors and other people who are so vehemently against Islam and muslums forget (or are u aware) that Muslims have been in this country for hundreds if years, first brought over as slaves (justified by passages in the bible by Christians) from West Africa and later welcomed as immigrants in the 20th century. Ninety-nine percent of Muslims abhor the terrorist acts of these criminals who act in the name of Islam. Just as you would not want to be judged by the worst behavior done in the name of Christ, so you should also not judge a group of over a billion based on the sins and atrocities of a few. Yours and other folks who demonize Muslims and seek to limit their freedom to practice their religion only weaken and undermine our constitutional rights of speech and religion. Furthermore, where in America has “sharia” ever been implemented in the USA?
    These are seeds of enmity planted by the Devil and good people have to be weary if these seeds lest they bear fruit. So much anger and hatred and enmity shown by Christians is unbecoming of the teachings if Christ.

28. The biggest problem at the event was that the YLPD did a poor job of policing the situation. Permits for a rally normally and properly specify a certain area in which the rally is to take place. Especially a counter-rally – this should have been anticipated as a possible volatile situation.

Either the police failed to specify that the rally was not to spill over to the community building – or the they failed to enforce the rally permit specifications.

The conduct of the small crowd of obscene protesters is inexcusable – I am not defending them. However, again the YLPD failed in keeping this crowd of obnoxious people from disturbing the peace of the fundraising event. No way should they have been allowed to block the sidewalk and street and disturb the peace. This is a major FAIL by the YLPD.

29. Matt Guptill says:

Junior,
    No, the biggest problem with the event is that people talk about it on blogs based on viewing one YouTube propaganda video. They don’t look into the offensive statements made by the controversial speakers at the event that caused the counter-protest in the first place.

Just a few corrections to your post:

There is no YLPD. Yorba Linda contracts police services from the neighboring city of Brea.

Per the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America, permits are not required for a “small crowd of obscene protestors” to gather on public property and yell things that many find offensive. Just as permits are not required for a group to rent a public facility and host speakers who are known for saying things many find offensive.

The “small crowd of obscene protestors” was just that. The counter-protest was over, and most of the people had already left before the images you refer to were recorded.

There was a police line segregating the ICNA event, and most of the parking lot, from the counter-protest. The sidewalk and street was not blocked, as you suggested. In fact, the public was prohibited from entering the publicly funded Community Center, unless they were participating in the ICNA event.

30. You all seem to be sounding like its okay to be yelling and screaming at small children and women. You can call the video “propaganda” if it makes you all feel good, but the truth is, you can clearly see people yelling obscene things at the Muslim families walking to the event. That type of behavior seems pretty uncivilized and downright racist – and its ironic because the very same people are accusing the muslims of being “uncivilized.” Just goes to show that extremism is not limited to any one religion – Christians are no strangers to extremist and violent and heinous acts. All that was missing from the protestors in the video were the white pointy hoods. Whats to say that if the police wasn’t present those protestors wouldn’t have committed violence on those muslims? They certainly appeared pretty capable of it. Then they’d be just like the American version of the taliban (the “tea-liban?”). What irony – and its sad to see all the people posting here defending that type of sick behavior. Shame on you.

31. shippy,

No it is not okay to be yelling at women and children. That is why the Brea PD should not have allowed that to happen.

The obscene protesters were outside of the rally permit boundary – they were blocking the sidewalk and street – and they were disturbing the peace. Can anyone deny that?

I am not excusing the small group of nasty protesters (they were awful) – but that is poor police work. Yorba Linda should get a refund from the City of Brea – or at least an accounting of what happened (or didn’t happen) and why.

32. Matt G said:
    “Per the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America, permits are not required for a “small crowd of obscene protestors” to gather on public property and yell things that many find offensive.”

The First Amendment afirms “.. the right of the people to peaceably assemble ..”

Blocking sidewalks and streets and yelling at women and children is NOT exercizing a right to “peaceably assemble.”

The police should have prevented this embarassment – poor police work.

33. Matt Guptill says:

junior,
    The group in question assembled on the East side of a police line from the SE corner of the Community Center into the middle of the parking lot. If you examine the aerial imagery on google maps for 4501 Casa Loma Ave, Yorba Linda, CA, you will see there is no street going through there. A sidewalk was indeed blocked by the police line. However, if you are suggesting that attendees of the ICNA event were impeded by this, you are mistaken. The majority of the parking at the Community Center could be reached from the several entrances without having to go around the police line.

As for whether yelling at women and children is protected speech, the US Supreme Court recently decided that the wacko “church” from Kansas is allowed to protest at our fallen soldiers’ funerals. What was said by the group at the Community Center pales in comparison to the offensiveness of rhetoric of that “church”. If the BPD arrested anyone for merely yelling, the City and BPD would be facing major lawsuits for civil rights violations. Not unlike what they would’ve faced if they prevented the ICNA event in the first place, due to their unfortunate choice of keynote speakers.

34. Matt G,

I am pretty sure that if the Brea Police had walked over to the protesters – excuse me, obscene protesters, and asked them cool it, that they may be disturbing the peace – that would have been enough to calm them down.

Suppose the reverse was occuring, that Islamist protesters were behaving in the same obscene manner to a group with women and children attending a Tea Party fundraiser – do you think that the Brea Police would have acted to quell the Islamists?

35. Matt Guptill says:

junior,
    It is not the Brea PD’s job to negotiate a truce between opposing factions. It is their job to act as a deterrent against words escalating into threats escalating into violence, and to take action if it starts to happen. It is my understanding that no one left this event in the back of a police car or ambulance. Job well done, BPD.

BTW, putting women and children in the same category is passe.

36. DT (Praetorian) says:

My Dad always told me to believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. What I suggest many folks do is read, look at history as an example, and identify countries where Muslims/Islam (group) are expanding in an otherwise predominantly Christian society. I’ve read some very hypocritical blogs here in response to a video (I never saw it, don’t need to), so I ask a few questions to those who vehemently opposed the actions of these “Tea-Partiers”: Are you familiar with the connections and relationships of the ICNA to JI? Do you have a good understanding of the inculcation of small children to hate Jews and Infidels, which leads to a culture of adults that hate?

Are you familiar with the goal to convert non-believers to Islam, or you can pay an Infidel tax, or you can die. Now, I’m not saying all Muslims read into Islam this way any more than all Christians believe that a person who strikes their mother or father should be put to death. I would ask you to consider however, the countries of the world that are more than 80% Muslim and tell me if you would embrace that lifestyle or invite that culture to tear apart the American culture and value system? I know I wouldn’t, and someone getting pissed off about it before it becomes rampant is someone I would be proud to call my neighbor. You can call me and others like me racist, prejudice or whatever left leaning term you can drum up…don’t care, there’s enough people who think just like I do. I like my way of life, and I’ll protect it…violently if necessary. I won’t be an instigator, but I won’t take it lying down either…do you see the difference?

I would pay particular attention to shiites and the countries that house the largest percentage of shiite Muslims…just not nice folks. These countries certainly aren’t “Lands of Gracious Living”.

Living in America and embracing anything that comes our way in the name of Freedom for all isn’t what our Founding
    Fathers had in mind, you need to read a little deeper. That has become an increasingly fallacious misunderstanding of freedom and equality. Some things are sacred, and I will hold on dearly to those things I consider sacred…are you with me? I’ll leave you with a couple quotes from people far more intelligent than I.

“Foreign influence is truly the Grecian horse to a republic. We cannot be too careful to exclude its influence.”

Alexander Hamilton, Pacificus, No. 6, July 17, 1793

“Not all the treasures of the world, so far as I believe, could have induced me to support an offensive war, for I think it murder; but if a thief breaks into my house, burns and destroys my property, and kills or threatens to kill me, or those that are in it, and to “bind me in all cases whatsoever” to his absolute will, am I to suffer it?”

Thomas Paine, The American Crisis, No. 1, December 19, 1776

37. The BPD could and ahould have done more.

38. “Hate Comes to Orange County” — the FACTS

39. Frankly, the Tea-Liban are giving our political system and our nation a bad name. Like it or not, you all, its a FREE country, that means anyone can believe and say whatever they want, even if you all don’t like it…that means a man can be a Muslim and a woman can wear a cloth over her body till it touches her toes….and guess what thats the way its SUPPOSED to be!
    All of you trying to get rid of Muslims and limiting their practice of their religion are only working to undermine our own Constitution.

40. shippy said:
    “Frankly, the Tea-Liban are giving our political system and our nation a bad name.”
    (your opinion – I don’t agrre wit dat))
    “Like it or not, you all, its a FREE country,”
    (agree wit dat)
    “that means anyone can believe and say whatever they want,” (agree wit dat – except with the fire in a crowded theater thing)
    “even if you all don’t like it”
    (agree wit dat)
    “…that means a man can be a Muslim”
    (agree wit dat)
    “and a woman can wear a cloth over her body till it touches her toes”
    (agree wit dat)
    “….and guess what thats the way its SUPPOSED to be!”
    (agree wit dat)
    “All of you trying to get rid of Muslims”
    (not true – silly statement)
    “and limiting their practice of their religion”
    (not true – silly again)
    “are only working to undermine our own Constitution.”
    (no substance here – your opinion)
    “Really, the Tea Party (Tea-Liban) at their roots are a racist, scary bunch. The Tea Party really are the ideological blood-brothers of the Taliban, except they’re whiter:”
    (silly)

BTW shippy – I watched your video – there are a couple of things in there that are in poor taste – I can show you much worse and in greater quantity coming from your side.

As you see shippy, we agree about 50% of the time – so let’s work from there.

41. Junior:

I’m glad we agree on some things.

However, there is substance to what I am saying in regards to the Tea-Liban being racist and bent on undermining our Constitution:

And about the attempt to limit the freedom of religion, I think you’ve missing the news about all the protests across the country against various mosques being built:

And you might have missed all the legislation thats being proposed in various states, including Tennessee which makes it a crime to follow the religion of Islam:

Muslems have been in this country for a very long time, decades and decades. Muslims have been here and will continue being here whether anyone likes it or not, but its not worth destroying our Constitution over just because you don’t believe in their religion. Thats called freedom of religion and we should value it.
    Like I said, the Tea-Liban are the ideological blood-brothers of the Taliban. Same mindset, different color.

42. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is29KAIHXfA

I challenge any of you to view the Youtube video posted above and answer two questions.

Does the violent, hateful racist rhetoric of Malik-Ali deserve a response? And if so – what type of response would you feel is appropriate?

43. Matt Guptill says:

Videos of the past rhetoric of Malik Ali is what inspired the protest at the Community Center in the first place.

The one I’m waiting for is the unedited video of the speakers at the event. We all know what happened outside the Community Center, or at least bits and pieces of it, but what happened inside? Where is the video with the message of peace, love, and charity from the keynote speakers, that will alleviate the concerns of the so-called Islamaphobes at the protest? Did their camcorder batteries all suddenly die when they entered the facility?

44. Well, this is where the true racism of the Tea-Partiers shows itself…..the idea of the invited speakers being offensive/violent is a simple pretense/excuse for all the racism to come pouring out.
    If its terror and hatred that they’re protesting, why aren’t the same tea-partiers/tea-liban protesting outside of David Duke’s speeches protesting where he speaks and what he speaks about? Why do they single out a Muslim event to go and protest at? Why aren’t they outside of KKK headquarters asking them to “go back home”?

45. “If its terror and hatred that they’re protesting, why aren’t the same tea-partiers/tea-liban protesting outside of David Duke’s speeches ..”

OK – Why aren’t you there?

I denounce David Duke – is that good enough for you?

• Junior, in response to your comment:
      “OK – Why aren’t you there?”

My point was why aren’t these same folks make as much of a ruckus at a David Duke speech as they are at this particular muslim event? Unless you were one of those people yelling at those families, my comment wasn’t addressed to you.

46. Thousands of Christians have been forced to flee their homes in Western Ethiopia after Muslim extremists set fire to roughly 50 churches and dozens of Christian homes; after a Christian was accused of desecrating the Koran.

47. Thousands of Christians have been forced to flee their homes in Western Ethiopia after Muslim extremists set fire to roughly 50 churches and dozens of Christian homes; after a Christian was accused of desecrating the Koran.

48. Junior,

Thats horrible of those muslims burn those churches, and as far as I know, thats not what their religion teaches. There’s good and bad in every people. I’m not sure what your point is in posting that link, and how it relates to the insane behavior of those folks at the Yorba Linda event.
    If you’re going to hold an entire religious group responsible for the abhorrent acts of a few or some of its members, then, Western civilization and Christianity in particular stands condemned based on the acts of legions of people acting in the name of Christ in the last 2000 years: the Inquisition, slavery, pogroms, colonialism, witch trials, segregation, lynchings, Crusades, European sectarian wars, Holocaust, etc, etc. etc. etc. etc. …the list goes on and on and on.
    So should I judge Christianity and all 2 billion Christians as a bloodythirsty war-bent religion based on all the wars fought in the name of Christ?
    Doesn’t sound very fair does it.

49. “Thats horrible of those muslims burn those churches ..”

No s**t shippy.

Is adult language permitted on this blog?

50. Very articulate. Thank you for that thoughtful response.

51. Praetorian says:

Glass houses fellas, for any meaningful diabtribe I would invite something new to be said. As for comparisons between the Islamic community at large as they might relate to David Duke, apples and oranges my friends. Stick to the topic and avoid the red herrings. Let’s also not make reference to activities of any religious groups that are not happening in our generation. None of us can do anything about history, but we can do something about our futures. I would challenge you to re-evaluate the definitions of equality and freedom as you know and understand them. Please refer to my previous post and the very last quote in that blog to help shed some light on how I define them. Holding on to things considered sacred like the customs and values of America, is something I that is of great importance to me…is it to anyone else? Please don’t answer back with a response that sounds something like, “if you truly believe in America so much, then you’d allow any group to do and say anything, anywhere and at anytime.” That’s an ill conceived notion to what our country is about. Please read a book called “The 5000 Year Leap”.

52. Praetorian,
    I’d prefer not to tailor my responses to fit your idea of what is and is not off-limits in terms of understanding the issues here.

I don’t agree with your assessment that our scope be limited simply to whats happening in “our generation”. After all, as Confucius said: “Study the past if you would define the future.”
    There’s folks who have stated that Muslims/Islam is inherently dangerous and violent based on their flawed understanding of history and based on the acts of a few violent people.. If that be the case, then there is no shortage of such instances within Christianity not only within the last 2000 years, but within our own generations as well.

I agree with you that customs and values are important to everyone, including myself. But how are you defining “values and customs”? What standard are you utilizing? These are wonderful and vague concepts, and easy to latch on to without any meaningful standard. What are the customs and values of America? Is it being white-European-Christian- nonCatholic-English-speaking?

As for re-evaluating equality and freedom…again, what standards would you have anyone re-evaluate equality and freedom? Our legal system has a very articulate system defining these concepts enshrined in the Constitution and subsequent case law.
    Clinging to vague and loose does nothing for anyone.

53. This is disgusting. I am so ashamed of these people I could only watch about 10 seconds of the video. This is not patriotism, people.

54. This is disgusting. I am so ashamed of these people I could only watch about 10 seconds of the video. This is not patriotism, people.